Hearty Instant Pot Chicken Chickpea Recipe
Chicken Chickpea Recipe Below ↙️
🐺1 lb chicken breast, boneless + skinless (frozen, to avoid overcooking)
🐺1 C. dried chickpeas (garbanzo beans; rinsed)
🐺2 stalks celery, chopped
🐺1 medium yellow onion, diced
🐺2 tsp. minced garlic
🐺2-15 oz. cans crushed tomatoes, with juices (I used fire-roasted)
🐺5 C. chicken broth
🐺1 tsp. Cavender’s Greek seasoning ( *or sub with a 1/8 tsp of each basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder + a pinch of thyme, rosemary, and dill)
🐺1 tsp ground cumin
🐺1 tsp sea salt (adjust for broth saltiness)
🐺1/4 tsp. Italian herbs
🐺optional: grated parmesan for garnishing
This recipe is super simple. Very low investment of time and ingredients and a high reward of quantity + quality of food. This is a crockpot style cook method (with a fraction of the overall cook time) in which you throw everything in the pot, set, cook + eat.
1. Lightly spray the bottom of the instant pot cook inserts with oil. Place the frozen chicken breast in first. Dump in the chickpeas next.
2. Add celery, onion, + minced garlic on top.
3. Add all of the seasonings next, greek seasoning* (or a combo of replacement seasonings mentioned above), cumin, salt, plus Italian herbs.
4. Pour chicken broth over top. Add canned tomatoes + juice last. Do not stir.
5. Replace lid. Close valve + use Pressure Cook function on high. Cook for 1 hour + 10 mins. Allow natural steam release for 10-15 mins.
6. Remove lid + remove the chicken breast(s). Use a fork to shred. Add shredded chicken back into the soup and stir. Season with salt + pepper as needed.
7. Sprinkle with grated parmesan if desired. Enjoy!
Cook Also: Turkey Sausage Stuffing Balls Recipe